Sunday, 3 March 2013

Good Weekend!

                                                                March 3, 2013 (7:42 P.M.)

 I was originally worried about this weekend for a couple of reasons. First, my friends were leaving and the new interns were arriving. The only interns remaining were the couple of people I didn’t really spend time with in February. It worked out great though. I just spent the weekend with the field specialists and we had an amazing time.

 Second, this would be my first weekend without any planned trips. Each weekend in February I had some sort of trip or excursion. I always had something to do and this would be the first time without any direction as far as my plans were concerned. I found out pretty quickly when you don’t have trips to attend to, work needs to be done. The remaining four interns, myself included, had to do all the work eight interns normally did. The new interns hadn’t had their orientation yet and therefore weren’t allowed to technically start working so the rest of us had to pick up the slack. It wasn’t bad though, plus it gave me something to do.

My new roommate seems nice enough. He’s 24, from Canada and engaged to be married. He hasn’t tried to steal anything, attack me or attempt to jump in my bed in the middle of the night, so I can’t complain. He more so spent time with the other new interns for the majority of the weekend. They did the things people do here when they first arrive, and despite being invited to come, I respectfully declined. I did all that stuff last month and had work to do anyway. I’m not too worried about spending time with everyone yet. There will be hours upon hours on the boat with each of them so I’m sure we’ll get to talk.

On Friday night, we all went to the bar and on Saturday, a few of us checked out the casino. I left with the same amount of money I walked in with, so that’s always a good sign after attending a casino. I even made enough playing blackjack to cover my drinks. Overall it was a pretty fun night, especially since it was spontaneous and random.

 This week I have a pretty basic schedule. It doesn’t seem too crazy. I did get a chance to finish Luke’s Great White Shark video though. I haven’t uploaded it because I’m going to try and use the research computers after my chum trip tomorrow and save a little of my internet. Uploading stuff kills my internet usage and I need it to last for another month.

Shannon’s father said he was happy I was doing the blog about my trip and insisted on covering my next internet charge. He said one of the biggest regrets he had about his trips was not getting the chance to write everything down and that I’ll be happy I have all this stuff here after my trip has ended. I can’t say I disagree. Thanks Mr. Jones!

I tried to upload my bungee jump video, but an error message appeared. I’ll try that as well on the research computers tomorrow. Hopefully by tomorrow I’ll be able to show you my jump!

 To Agent of the Year: Tomorrow is Parade Day! Make sure to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment