Saturday, 2 February 2013

Hope It Exists


January 31st 2013 (6:00 A.M.)

  I checked my bag for my final flight and am now just waiting in the terminal. At this point I can count the number of hours of sleep I’ve had since Tuesday on one hand. I’ll give you a hint and tell you it’s less than five. All I need to do is make it another 50 minutes and I’m guaranteed another two hours of sleep on the plane. It’s pretty hard to type right now considering how tired I am and I’m pretty sure I’m quite delirious but I’m going to continue to try my best because it’s keeping me awake for the moment.

                I’ve been traveling now for two days and wondering if I’m ever going to make it to Mossel Bay. I’m also starting to wonder if the place even exists. It would be quite funny if I arrive in George airport and there’s no one there to pick me up. I’m not even sure what my next step would be. I spent my life savings to come here so it would be devastating for this whole thing to be a scam. It would have to be a complex program of scamming considering the website, pamphlets, Facebook pages, newspaper articles, associated field scientists and Google appearances, but anything is possible. Anyone who knows me understands I am free with my social and debit card information so it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been duped.

I’m starting to miss my family – even Shane – and I’ve only been away for two days. I’m assuming it’s because these two days have felt a lot longer for me. This is even one of the longer gaps of non-communication for Shannon and me. I can’t even email or text her to let her know I’m safe and miss her. I also know she’s going to smile as soon as she reads that now. I know that buying internet is going to be one of the first things I do when I get there. I’m just ready to get to the sharks.

No comments:

Post a Comment