Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Pictures!

 Here was another picture of seal island today when I was one the boat. We only saw one Great White today but it was still a great day on the water.
 Here is the first fish tank you see when you walk into Two Oceans Aquarium in Cape Town South Africa. The owner of the aquarium I work at keeps his triggerfish in this tank for display.
Here is one of the larger tanks in the aquarium. This tank is meant to show an example of some of the kelp forests located around South Africa. In this picture is a smaller Gully Shark.
 For a long time, I thought the Raggy Tooth Sharks here in South Africa looked very similar to the Sand Tiger Sharks found in the states. It wasn't until I came to the aquarium and saw the information about this shark did I realize they were in fact the same shark but called different names depending on your location.
 Another shot of the Gully Shark. While I'm here, I would love the chance to dive in a kelp forest.
 Just another casual Great White photo... No big deal.
 Here are a couple of Butterfly fish found locally. These fish are the minnows of South Africa. They're everywhere and unexpectedly aggressive.
Just thought this tank in the aquarium looked amazing...
 Another picture of a "Raggy Tooth."
 This was one of the larger blue sharks we saw. Although most of the sharks were less than tw meters in length, this was one of the few that exceeded that.
 This is the infamous and deadly box jellyfish. It's one of the most venomous animals on the planet.
 Here's me posing on top of Table Mountain. At this point I had been strolling along by myself for quite some time. I asked a couple people I met to take a photo.
 Here's a picture of the right side of Table Mountain; the side facing the ocean.
 Here's a picture of the left side of Table Mountain. In a few minutes, that cloud would completely surround me.
 A couple of local stingrays and in the bottom left, a shark I'm quite familiar with: the leopard catshark. He's one of the sharks we keep in the aquarium.
 Here's a rockhopper penguin. He just looked so grumpy I had to take a picture. This was before I ended up on the penguin beach.
 Another view from the top of table mountain...
 At this point, I'm higher than the clouds.
 A South African Rock Lobster. They can get quite large. Known for crushing the sea urchin populations in certain sections of the world.
 A non-venomous mole snake...
 There's table mountain before I climbed it. It didn't look too bad from that far.
 These are the guys who took the pictures of me. They became my surrogate friends when I got separated from my friends.
 I just liked the big anchor...
 Table mountain...
 This was what I thought the entire penguin beach was going to be like. I took this picture from a wooden platform about 10 meters away. Soon after this, I would go to the beach and realize I was actually sitting next to penguins.
One of the highest points of Table Mountain. I climbed to the top and took plenty of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment