Saturday, 2 February 2013

Shark Lab


February 1st 2013 (6:35 P.M.)
                  I just got back from the shark lab. It was amazing. I felt comfortable doing everything because it was stuff I had done my entire life. Do I know how to test water? Do I know how to feed the fish? Do I know how to handle fish? Please. Courtesy of my father, I knew everything involved with water testing, fish feeding, etc. It was amazing.

                We worked with benthic sharks such as puffadder sharks, pyjama sharks and leopard sharks. There were also smooth dogfish – a species I’m extremely familiar with. There were tanks designated for the eggs, young and adults. There were sharks everywhere and I finally felt like I am doing something I love to do. I can’t wait to upload pictures of where the lab is. It’s amazing. I just got back and am about to start my second barbecue and meet the new interns.
              I also found out today I will be cage diving with great white sharks on Sunday. No big deal or anything. This experience is unbelievable and I cannot imagine not doing this. If there’s something you’ve always wanted to do, then go and do it. You will not regret it. It’s a feeling that cannot be compared to anything and I want everyone I know to experience it. I’ll let everyone know what I’m doing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment