Monday, 4 February 2013

Orientation

                                                             February 4th 2013 (1:29 P.M.)

                I just got finished with my orientation. Since I got here a couple days early, it was more of a refresher course more than anything. I was pretty much brought up to speed informally by the time we did this today, but it was nice to have everything officially taught to me so I understood exactly what we are doing and why. I will be getting my official work schedule this afternoon and I go on my first boat trip tomorrow for the great whites.
          My cage diving trip has been rescheduled to this Sunday. I was hoping to have a chance to see them before I went to work on Tuesday, but at least I’ll get to see them. We got the list of all the available trips we can do and it all looks amazing. I’ll try and post a picture of the list of activities. I have an idea of what things I want to do, but I’ll have to work out a schedule. I’m also hoping momma and poppa can send a little money to help pay for it J. These trips are going to cost a little bit and I’m only in Africa once J (Note the sincerity in the smiley faces)

            On a fun side note, I was able to hold my breath for a minute today and swim from one end of the pool to the other underwater. For anyone who knows my breath-holding ability will be quite impressed. It’s a big step. I will be starting the free diving course and the instructor guaranteed a two minute increase on my time. We’ll see. I don’t have much faith in that but by this point I will take any help I can get.

            Hopefully I will have some great white pictures to post soon. I’ve been here for five days and have yet to see one. The anticipation is building. I’m going to watch the Super Bowl tonight even though I know who won. There’s a big 49ers fan here who has managed to avoid hearing the score all day and is extremely excited to watch the game. I feel a little bad, but he deserves the chance to see them lose properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment