Friday, 22 February 2013

Bungee Jumping Finally



                                                              February 22, 2013 (8:39 P.M.)
I have been up since 5 a.m. this morning. I have to go back to work at the aquarium 1:30 a.m. and will be there until I am picked up roughly at 5:30 a.m. From there I will be heading to my rescheduled bungee jump. Hopefully it actually happens this time. Once again, just to settle any confusion, I did not chicken out from the jump. We arrived too late due to a scheduling error. The proof will be from my video I take whilst jumping off the bridge. I will find a way to upload that video to the site just to eliminate any fabricated rumors flying around.

From there I will be going to Cango Caves to follow a tour and climb a section of the cave myself. Apparently I am told to not do it if I am claustrophobic in any way. I don’t believe I am but I guess I will find out for sure tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed.

Following the cave tour, I will be heading to an ostrich farm to legitimately ride an ostrich. I’m not exactly sure why, but I am excited to give it a try. At least by the end of the day I will be able to say I’ve ridden a large flightless bird. Can you say resume booster?

From there, we have one more tour but I’m actually not even sure what it is. The plans here change so rapidly that I try to avoid memorizing my weekly schedule. I tend to follow the day-by-day pattern. As long as I know what time I have to wake up the following day, I’m in good shape. I really like that flexibility as well. At any point I could be doing something different. It keeps me on edge. I’ve been here for almost a month and I’ve yet to acclimate to a certain schedule. I love it.

Once my long day has completed, I will finally be able to grab some much needed sleep on the car ride 
home. Hopefully I will have some amazing pictures and videos to post up to the website.

I hope everyone is enjoying the blog. I would like to thank Kyle, Luke and Rylie for taking the time to read my blog every day. Hope you guys like the pictures. Once I find a decent internet connection in Mossel Bay, I will be able to upload some really cool videos that I know you will like. I will see the three of you shortly. I believe I owe Rylie some arm swings regardless. Thanks everyone!

This comment is dedicated to Danielle:
         
While having a conversation with a couple of the interns here, an interesting topic presented itself. Due to the steep laundry prices here and the frequency in which certain items are worn, a number of interns have resulted to hand washing their clothes in the sink and, get this, even taking showers with their clothes on. They said it just makes it easier when you know you have to wear that same outfit on the boat the next day. These are my people.

1 comment:

  1. Hi TJ!

    I love you TJ. Did you have a great time swimming with the sharks? - from Rylie.

    Hi, I miss you. How was walking the cheetha? - from Luke.

    TJ - I am thrilled that you are able to do your laundry in the shower! Just the way you like it!

    Be safe!
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete